Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Near Perfect Minute #32

Today's Near Perfect Minute covers a key aspect of a weight loss program that targets fat deposits.  I want to lose fat, not muscle or water.  So I am very particular about how I lose weight and I perform simple body measurements to track my progress.  This week, I lost another 2lbs.  No big deal.  But at the same time, I also shrank 2.5 inches.

For all of you who are tracking, I am down 10lbs and I have gone from 130.75 inches to 122.  By contrasting the relatively modest weight loss with the significant size loss, I know that my body composition is shifting.  I have less space-filling fat and more muscles.  I like that!

By the way, even with the super cold weather and all the snow storms, I still made it to the gym 6 times this week.  How are you doing with your exercise regimen?

Options:  Other numbers would be good to track also.  If you have access to a high end body fat analyzer, that is great.  Some blood tests would be neat also.  I am particularly interested in triglycerides level.

Thanks for the feedback and keep sending me news of your progress!  It's fun to do it together!

Dr. Jean-Marc

No comments: