Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Near Perfect Minute #29

Happy New Year!

This marks the start of my series of Near Perfect Minutes that revolve around making the right food choices.

Over the years, I have presented several Nutrition Workshops.  I changed them profoundly as the information evolved.  But I always focused on what's good to eat and what you should absolutely avoid.  Never talked about weight loss.  Actually, I did, 1 slide stating that ideal weight is a good idea; good luck with that.

Well, all the requests and suggestions I got regarding these workshops revolved around one thing and one thing only.  For over 10 years, you have kept asking this one question... I want to lose weight, how do I do it?

Well... better late than never, here it is.  But to add to the fun, I will lose weight with you.  I realized, with a few pointed comments from Linda, that I would benefit from dropping 20 lbs.  I know how and I will share the step by step with you.  Please feel free to share your exploits and successes along the way!

First, let me tell you what I will measure.  I will track 2 numbers.  My weight, obviously.  And I will also measure the size of my waist+hips+right thigh+left thigh.  I use this measurement because I know that tweaks to my diet, combined with exercise, will result in changes in my shape as well as my weight.  And I want to know that if my weight is dropping at the expense of fat, not muscles.

My number?  130.75

What's yours?


No comments: