Monday, September 21, 2009

Student Survival Tool Kit

If it's good for my son, it's probably good for you too.

As Alain was preparing to go away to college, I assembled a kit of vitamins and supplements for him to take. I realized that the number had to be minimal and instructions laid out simply. Yet, I wanted to cover as much ground as possible.

The goal here is to promote general health and wellness. I identified some of the challenges a student might encounter. Therefore, the supplements had to effectively deal with the destructive impact of stress, erratic sleep patterns, possible toxins. They also must prime the immune systems.

So I came up with a short list of supplements and an equally short user's manual. Since everyone who hears of this "tool kit" wants to have it, I am posting it here for all to enjoy and benefit from.

Alain’s Supplements
:

  • Omega 3. Take 2 daily
  • Co-Factors. Take 1 with omega 3.
  • Complete Glutathione or NAC. Take 2 when you want to cleanse toxins, after strenuous exercise, lack of sleep. PRN.
  • OPC Pinegold. Immune booster. Take 2 when you feel that you are coming down with something. Take 2 every 1-2 hours if you are sick.
  • Arnica. Melt 2 pellets under tongue after physical trauma. Every hour for up to 24 hours.
  • Sabadil. Allergies. PRN.
  • Multi. Take 1-2 daily.
That's it. 3 supplements daily and a couple of "just in case".

Since I want Alain to have the best, cleanest products, I carefully selected the brands of each of these products. The first 3 and the multi are from Nutri-West. OPC is the brand name. Call my office to order any of these . Sabadil and Arnica Montana are homeopathics from Boiron and can be found at Whole Foods and better health food stores..

Dr. Jean-Marc

No comments: